National museum of Rwanda
The Institute of National Museums of Rwanda (INMR) is a government institution, which was inaugurated on September 18th, 1989 with an ethnographic museum based in Huye(Butare)-Southern Province officially known as the National Museum of Rwanda.
he Institute of National Museums of Rwanda (INMR) is a government institution, which was inaugurated in September 18, 1989 with one ethnographic museum based in Huye district-Southern Province officially known as the National Museum of Rwanda. Since 2004 other museums have been opened countrywide, these are:
• Natural History Museum of Kigali opened in December 2004,
• National Art Gallery of Rwesero in Nyanza opened in May 2006,
• King’s Palace Museum in Nyanza/Rukari opened in May 2008, and
• Presidential Palace Museum in Kanombe opened in February 2009.
• Museum of Environment was opened on 16th July 2015 in Karongi District-Western Province.
Today INMR is positioning itself as a core stakeholder in promoting Rwandan Cultural tourism, with the aim of national economic development.